Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
For a 28-30 lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hr. Times are for unstuffed birds. A stuffed bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed one; however, be prepared to allow 30 to 50 minutes longer.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
10. Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey
- For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- For 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Assuming you are roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, plan on 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of an unstuffed turkey. Plan on 20 to 22 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
Does stuffing a turkey keep it moist?
Cooking your stuffing inside the Thanksgiving turkey gives it an unparalleled flavor and texture. As the bird roasts, its juices are absorbed into the stuffing, resulting in a savory, moist, delicious mixture that’s hard to achieve any other way.
Do you put stuffing in the turkey before you cook it?
All stuffing ingredients – meat, vegetables, etc. – should be cooked before they are placed inside the turkey. … A: Stuff both the neck and the body cavities, using about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of stuffing per pound of turkey. It should not be packed in – any extra can bake alongside in a separate dish.
How long does it take to cook a 20 pound turkey at 350?
How long does a 20lb turkey take to cook at 350? If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at: 425°F for 3½ to 3¾ hours. 400°F for 3¾ to 4 hours. 350°F for 4 to 4¼ hours.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
Cooking time will vary. For example, a 20 pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook, check the temperature on the thermometer after 4 1/4 hours.
Can you cook turkey at 300 degrees?
Good results can be had by roasting at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, but you can also achieve excellent results at 325 F. The rule of thumb is to select a lower temperature if you allow sufficient time in advance. … The best temperature to remove the turkey for perfectly cooked white meat is 155-160 degrees breast temperature.
How long do you cook a frozen stuffed turkey?
Estimated Cooking Times for Frozen Turkeys
- 8- to 12-pound turkey: 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 12- to 14-pound turkey: 4 1/2 to 5 3/4 hours.
- 14- to 18-pound turkey: 5 3/4 to 6 1/4 hours.
- 18- to 20-pound turkey: 6 1/4 to 6 3/4 hours.
- 20- to 24-pound turkey: 6 3/4 to 7 1/2 hours.