Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
For a 28-30 lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hr. Times are for unstuffed birds. A stuffed bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed one; however, be prepared to allow 30 to 50 minutes longer.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed 15lb turkey?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Does a stuffed turkey cook faster?
One advantage of not stuffing the turkey and baking the stuffing separately is the turkey will take less time to get fully cooked. A 12 to 14 pound stuffed turkey will take 3.5 to 4 hours to bake while an unstuffed bird will take 3 to 3.75 hours at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per kg?
General rule of thumb for oven cooking a stuffed turkey at 325° F is 15 minutes per pound (30 minutes per kilogram). Many variables affect the roasting time. An accurate meat thermometer is recommended.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How do I get my turkey to cook faster?
5 Smart Ways to Make Your Turkey Cook Faster
- Don’t stuff the bird. Skip cooking the stuffing in the bird. …
- Cook just the parts, rather than the whole bird. …
- Don’t truss the turkey. …
- Don’t open the oven door too often. …
- Spatchcock your turkey.
Why should you not cook stuffing in the turkey?
Why Cooking Stuffing in Your Turkey Is Dangerous
That temperature includes any potential stuffing deep in the turkey’s cavity. At temperatures below 165°F you risk exposure to salmonella or E. coli, two very scary and gross bacteria.
How long do you cook a 6 kg stuffed turkey?
Roasting times for a stuffed turkey:
6–8 lb (2.7–3.5 kg) 3–3 1/2 hours. 8–10 lb (3.5–4.5 kg) 3 1/4–3 1/2 hours. 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3 1/2–3 3/4 hours. 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 3/4–4 hours.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
Cooking time will vary. For example, a 20 pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook, check the temperature on the thermometer after 4 1/4 hours.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
Using a convection oven yields more efficient cooking. Because dry hot air is blowing directly on the food, your dishes will cook about 25 percent faster in a convection oven.