Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How long do you cook a 5 kg unstuffed turkey?
Roasting times for an unstuffed turkey:
- 6–8 lb (2.7–3.5 kg) 2 1/2–2 3/4 hours.
- 8–10 lb (3.5–4.5 kg) 2 3/4–3 hours.
- 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3–3 1/4 hours.
- 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 1/4–31/2 hours.
- 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg) 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
- 20–25 lb (9.0–11.25 kg) 4 1/2–5 hours.
How long do I cook a 5.5 kg turkey crown?
How to cook a turkey crown
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. …
- Put in a roasting tin skin-side up and roast for 70 mins plus 20 mins per kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and rest in a warm place for 20 mins.
How long does it take to roast a 5kg turkey at 180?
The calculator does not apply to turkey that is boned and rolled. In an oven that is set at 180°C / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4, you should allow 20 minutes per pound, plus 20 minutes.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How do I cook a 10 kg turkey?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.
How long do you cook a turkey for per kg?
Turkey cooking times
- allow 45 minutes per kilogram, plus 20 minutes, for a turkey under 4.5kg.
- allow 40 minutes per kilogram for a turkey that’s between 4.5kg and 6.5kg.
- allow 35 minutes per kilogram for a turkey of more than 6.5kg.
How long does a 2.5 kg turkey crown take to cook?
2.5kg – 2 hours. 3kg – 2 hours 10 minutes.
What temperature do you cook turkey too?
What Should the Temperature of a Turkey Be? You’ll find that most people (including the USDA) consider the turkey to be done once it’s reached a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the thigh.