How do you add Flavour to boiled rice?
No need to stress about dinnertime — just throw a pot on the stovetop and get cooking.
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. …
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
How can I make boiled rice more interesting?
One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters.
What can you add to plain white rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
How do you make rice less bland?
Toast the grains.
Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. I especially love doing this with brown rice and other whole grains like farro and barley.
How long do you boil rice for?
- Add rice and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. …
- Simmer until water is completely absorbed and rice is tender – about 15-25 minutes (will depend on size and freshness of rice).
Is white rice healthy?
The bran and germ both contain valuable nutrients. As a result, white rice is lacking in some antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals, fats, fiber, and a small amount of protein. That said, manufacturers enrich many varieties of white rice to replace the nutrients lost during processing.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.