More Italian Sausage Recipes
Should sausages be boiled before grilling?
You cut into the sausage feeling that “snap” of your knife, then the juices flow out onto the pasta, mingling with the sauce. Boiling your sausages before grilling ensures that your sausage will be cooked through, allowing all the juices to stay on the inside while the casing gets brown and crispy on the grill.
How long do you parboil Italian sausage before grilling?
Add water to cover sausage and par-boil until sausage is grey throughout (about 10 to 15 minutes.) The sausage then can be fried until nicely browned. Parboiled sausage also may be grilled slowly over coals, turning frequently until grey-brown throughout.
What is the best way to grill sausages?
Using zone grilling & indirect heat is the best way to grill sausage. The 2-zone method allows you to first cook the sausage with really gentle, steady indirect heat before grilling them over strong direct heat for a deliciously charred finish. It’s super easy, & the sausage turns out perfectly every time.
What is the best way to cook sausages?
The correct way to cook sausages
- Bring the sausages to room temperature before cooking. …
- Don’t prick them. …
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan on a low to medium heat. …
- Add around a teaspoon of fat to the frying pan. …
- Place the sausages in the pan. …
- Remove the sausages from the pan and allow them to rest for a few minutes. …
Can I boil Italian sausage?
Put Italian sausages in a pot and cover them with water (add enough water to go 1 inch above the sausage). Bring the water to a boil over High heat, and once boiling cook for another 10 minutes. … If you’d like to brown sausages, cook them on a grill for 1 minute per side, or put under the broiler for 5 minutes.
What is the best way to cook sausages in the oven?
Sausages can also be baked in the oven (a good method to use if you’re cooking something else in the oven). Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Place the sausages on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes, until thoroughly cooked, turning halfway through the cooking time.
How do you cook sausages on a propane grill?
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes. …
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.