How to Grill Corn on a Griddle- 2 Tempting Recipes
How do you cook corn on the cob on the flat top?
- 1) Heat the griddle to a medium high heat.
- 2) Brush the corn on all sides lightly with oil.
- 3) Cook for around 7 -10 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly charred all over.
- 4) Serve with a generous seasoning of salt and pepper and with a round of butter to melt over the top.
What can you use if you don’t have a grill?
8 Creative Ways to Grill Without a Grill (Plus Add Grill Marks)
- Oven Broiling. Your oven comes with a broil function which can be used to grill fish, meats, poultry, and vegetables. …
- Cast Iron Skillet. …
- Crock Pot. …
- Smoking Seasonings for Flavor. …
- Liquid Smoke. …
- Indoor Smoker. …
- Use a Culinary Torch. …
- Invest in a Countertop Grill.
Can you grill corn ahead of time?
Can you make grilled sweet corn ahead of time? You can make this grilled corn a few hours ahead of time. Let it cool and then keep it covered. Warm it in the oven before serving – it’s a convenient way to pre-make corn if you’re entertaining.
Does corn on the cob need to be soaked before grilling?
Do you have to soak corn on the cob before grilling? No, it does not have to be soaked before grilling. However, if you are grilling your corn in the husk, it’s a good idea to soak your corn so that the husks do not burn or catch fire.
What happens if you soak corn?
One: Soaking corn in water before putting it over a fire is never a bad idea. The kernels of water-submerged ears invariably came out plumper and juicier than those that went straight to the fire. Two: Perfection might be in the palate of the beholder. Each method accentuates differents aspect of flavor and texture.
What temp should you grill corn at?
Pre-heat your grill to medium heat, around 350 degrees. Remove the corn from the water and shake off the excess water. Place the corn, with the husks still in tact on the grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Rotate the corn every 5 minutes so that all sides can cook.