Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How long should I cook a 16lb turkey for?
The rule of thumb for cooking a turkey is 13 minutes per pound. So our 16-pound turkey was estimated to cook in about 3 1/2 hours. However, some factors like brining the bird, cooking with an empty (un-stuffed) cavity, and leaving the legs un-trussed will contribute to much faster cooking.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long does it take to cook a 15 pound turkey at 375?
Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices.
How long does a 22lb turkey take to cook?
How Long to Cook a Turkey
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
How many hours per pound do you cook a turkey breast?
Boneless Turkey Breast Cooking Time
Cooking split, boneless turkey breasts at 400°F, I estimate about 12 minutes cooking time per pound for boneless turkey where two 1 1/2 pound cutlets should cook in 30 minutes or when it registers 150-155°F internal temperature when tested with a meat thermometer.
Add water to the roasting pan to keep the turkey from drying out. Grandma always added water to the bottom of the roasting pan, at the start of the cooking. This keeps the bird from drying out.