How long do you cook a 16 pound stuffed turkey?
This method is best for a 12 to 16 pound bird. (Buy 1 to 1 1/2 pounds turkey for each guest.) How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
For a 28-30 lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hr. Times are for unstuffed birds. A stuffed bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed one; however, be prepared to allow 30 to 50 minutes longer.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Assuming you are roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, plan on 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of an unstuffed turkey. Plan on 20 to 22 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do you cook a 17 lb stuffed turkey?
How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey
- For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- For 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
10. Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
Using a convection oven yields more efficient cooking. Because dry hot air is blowing directly on the food, your dishes will cook about 25 percent faster in a convection oven.
How long does it take to cook an 18 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
We recommend roasting turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey.
How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
How long do you cook a turkey for?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.
How long do you cook a 5.9 kg turkey?
Approximate Timetable for Roasting a Turkey at 350°F (177°C)*
|8 – 10 lbs (3.6 – 4.5 kg)||2 h 40 min – 3 h 30 min|
|11 – 13 lbs (5.0 – 5.9 kg)||3 h 40 min – 4 h 20 min|
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|
Can you cook turkey at 300 degrees?
Good results can be had by roasting at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, but you can also achieve excellent results at 325 F. The rule of thumb is to select a lower temperature if you allow sufficient time in advance. … The best temperature to remove the turkey for perfectly cooked white meat is 155-160 degrees breast temperature.