What do you do when your grill catches fire?
How to Extinguish the Grill Flames Safely
- If your gas grill catches fire, the first thing you should do is attempt to turn the burners off. …
- You can also close the grill lid, as a lack of oxygen will help to ease the fire and slow it down.
- Use a fire extinguisher to extinguish the flames using the P.A.S.S.
Are flare ups bad when grilling?
Additionally, big flare ups can be dangerous grilling mistakes too – you don’t want to potentially set a fire. Flare ups are usually caused by fat dripping out of your meat, so to avoid this, trim off excess fat during your initial prep work before starting your grill.
How do I stop my gas grill from flaring up?
how to prevent flare-ups
- Trim the fat. Flare-ups usually happen because of excess fat, sauces or oily marinades. …
- Keep the lid open. When searing fatty foods, leave the grill lid opened.
- Avoid wind. Try to keep your grill away from windy areas. …
- Move your food. …
- Burn the grease away. …
- Clean your grill.
Do grill grates prevent flare ups?
ELIMINATES FLARE-UPS: Stop shuffling your food around to avoid charring. GrillGrates patented design eliminates flare ups so common to all gas grills. The raised rails amplify heat while aluminum conducts heat efficiently to eliminate those pesky hot and cold spots.
What causes flare ups on grill?
What are Flare Ups? A flare-up can be a nasty thing, coming on quickly and posing a direct threat to whatever is on the grill. These bursts of intense flames are caused by oil or fat dripping off of food and hitting the coals, essentially causing a grease fire.