Where should a grill be placed on a deck?
Grilling Safety Tips
- Always grill outdoors.
- Grills must be 10-feet from the side of a building unless the manufacturer’s instructions say it can be closer. …
- Grills cannot be used on a porch, balcony or deck with a roof, overhang or wall (other than the exterior of the building).
Where should I put my gas grill?
- Never use your grill indoors, in a garage, or under anything that could catch fire.
- Place your grill at least ten feet away from your home, or any other structures or buildings.
- Make sure your grill is not located near any deck rails, siding, or low hanging tree branches that could catch on fire.
Is it safe to grill on a covered deck?
Grill-maker Weber offers similar advice: “Always keep your grill at least 5 feet from any combustible materials, including your house, garage, deck rails and car. Never use a grill indoors or under a covered patio.”
Can I put a gas grill on a wood deck?
Leaky propane is highly ignitable and can lead to fires and explosions, often setting wooden deck floorboards and railings on fire. Residents must use caution when using propane-fueled grills on any surface, but concrete surfaces away from structures and trees are safer than wooden deck surfaces are.
Is cooking on a gas grill bad for you?
Gas Grills are much more healthy. There are no known chemicals being absorbed into your foods except the equivalent risk of HCA’s (when food is cooked at high temperature). … Gas grills still provide the same benefit of charcoal grills when it comes to leaving the cooked product with less fat.
Can you put a gas grill on a covered porch?
A gas grill gives you more options. You can place this type in a covered area, but don’t try to use it on a screened porch. Make sure you have at least a 9-foot ceiling–the higher, the better. Place the grill on an outside wall, and look for a spot with the best cross breeze to vent smoke.
Can I grill under an awning?
The answer is yes IF your awning is installed at the proper height and your grill is well maintained. ~Always clean your grill before barbequing to avoid excess grease and flames. ~When having your awning installed, let your professional designer know that you’d like to place your grill under the awning for cooking.
How much clearance do you need above a gas grill?
Maintain proper clearance to combustibles. As per the manufacturer’s suggestions, we recommend 20 inches to the rear of the grill, 7 inches from the sides, and 24 inches if the grill is placed near vinyl siding.