Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How long does it take to cook a 25 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How long does it take to roast a 24 pound turkey?
If your turkey weighs 24 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
- 400°F for 4½ to 4¾ hours.
- 350°F for 4¾ to 5 hours.
- 325°F for 5 to 5¼ hours.
How long does it take to cook a 25 to 30 lb turkey?
How Long to Cook a 30-Pound Turkey
- 24- to 30-pound turkey cooking time (unstuffed): Cook for 4½ to 5 hours at 325°F.
- 24- to 30-pound turkey cooking time (stuffed): Cook for 5½ to 6¼ hours at 325°F.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
Cooking time will vary. For example, a 20 pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook, check the temperature on the thermometer after 4 1/4 hours.
Should I start my turkey at a higher temperature?
Your turkey will cook more evenly and faster if you start it out at room temperature so remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. If you plan to stuff your turkey, wait until you’re ready to put it in the oven before putting the stuffing in the turkey.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
What temperature do you cook turkey too?
What Should the Temperature of a Turkey Be? You’ll find that most people (including the USDA) consider the turkey to be done once it’s reached a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the thigh.
How long does it take to cook a 15 pound turkey at 375?
Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices.
How long does a 22lb turkey take to cook?
How Long to Cook a Turkey
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
How long does it take for turkey to cook?
How Long Does It Take to Cook a Turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
|14-18 lbs.||3 hrs 45 mins–4 hrs 15 mins||170-175°F|