What kind of pan should I cook bacon in?
Cast iron is of course a classic choice for frying up bacon. Some pans come with raised ridges that allow the fat to drip through and away from the bacon.
Is it OK to fry eggs in bacon grease?
Frying your eggs in bacon grease will not only save you time standing over the sink, it will also take your typical, rather boring sunny-side up egg and turn it into a savory masterpiece. Those charred, salty bits sprinkled on top of your egg really adds a dimension of flavor that you won’t be disappointed with.
How do you lightly cook bacon?
How to Cook Bacon So It’s Soft and Chewy
- Take the bacon out of the refrigerator and separate the slices on a plate. …
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. …
- Place a wire rack in a baking dish or roasting pan. …
- Roast thin bacon slices for 10 minutes and turn them over with tongs.
How many ways can you cook bacon?
How To Cook Bacon: Three Easy Methods
- On the stove. We like using a cast-iron skillet for this classic bacon-cooking method, but any skillet will do. …
- In the oven. This is the best choice when cooking a pound or more of bacon for a big Saturday brunch or for a week of easy meal add-ins. …
- In the microwave.
Does bacon taste better in a cast iron skillet?
But if you want to take your tastebuds to the next level, cooking bacon in a cast-iron skillet is exactly what you need. Cooking bacon in a cast-iron has been around since the birth of bacon: it just tastes better!
How long should I cook bacon on each side?
Heat a cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat. When hot, add bacon strips in a single layer. Cook until browned on bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip bacon, using tongs, and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
Can you cook eggs in same pan as bacon?
Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. … Crack the eggs into the pan with the bacon grease so that they are about 1 inch apart. Season with salt and pepper. When the eggs look firm, flip them over, and cook on the other side to your desired doneness.
Is cooking with bacon grease unhealthy?
But, wow, the taste that bacon grease added to dishes is unparalleled. If you have to worry about your cholesterol levels, then you need to stay far away from this kind of cooking fat. … It has the same number of calories as the oil, but tons more saturated fat and sodium.